Level: Beginner to Advanced—1/2 Day class —No sewing machine required
Field Poppies. In this fusing class Frieda will teach you new easy ways to make this vibrant quilt. Using easy transfer techniques and raw edge fusing you will achieve beautiful effects. This is the quilt you want hanging on your wall to cheer you through the winter.
Supply list for this class:
- Fabric Kit required $30
- 1 yard of fabric=1/2 yard of rainbow stripe, 1/4 yard of red/orange, 1/8 yard of green/blue.
- Iron & ironing surface/ plain muslin or fabric for smooth surface
- Really sharp small embroidery scissors for fabric
- mechanical pencil and extra fine sharpie marker (found at office supply store)
- rotary mat and ruler (medium size mat and a smaller older mat to use on the backside with the decorative blades)
- box of parchment paper
- Rotary cutter/fancy rotary blades optional
- 2-3 yards of Wonder Under fusible web – it says #805 on the end of the bolt (no substitutions please)
- Other hand-dyed fabric and threads will be available for purchase