Level: Beginner to Advanced—Full Day class —No sewing machine required
Autumn Mums finished size 20″ x 30″
|Autumn flowers treat our eyes. In this fusing class Frieda will teach you new easy ways to make these bright autumn flowers. Using collage techniques and raw edge fusing you will achieve beautiful effects. This is the quilt you want hanging on your wall to cheer you through the winter.
|Supply list for this class:
- Fabric Kit required $40- includes paper pattern, 1 1/2 yard of fabric total – 1 yard of background fabric, 1/4 yard of two tone green fabric and 5 different 1/8 yards for flower heads
- 3-4 yards of Wonder Under fusible web – it says #805 on the end of the bolt (no substitutions please) Soft Fuse is also good
- box of parchment paper – I prefer Reynolds, Sam’s club or Costco brand.
- a large poster board (found at office supply, craft or fabric store)
- 45mm rotary cutter with straight blade
- very sharp embroidery scissors
- mechanical pencil and extra fine sharpie marker (extra fine markers can only be found at the office supply store, I will have some for use and sale as well)
- rotary mat and ruler (medium size mat and one other smaller older mat to use on the backside of the mat with the decorative blades)
- iron and ironing surface (towel or mat)
- Instructor will make available to purchase, decorative rotary blades, extra fine sharpie markers, scissors and hand dyed cotton and silk fabrics
Back to workshops list.