I read an article this morning about making goals. So this year I will try to follow along and see if these goals help me in my process of being a good human and in making my art.
- Read at least one book per month.
- Write down your goals at the start of each week and each month.
- Measure and track those goals throughout the year.
- Dedicate just one day a week to eating no meat.
- Turn your phone on silent before you share a meal.
- Talk to someone you trust when you’re in pain.
- Walk whenever you can and wherever you can.
- Do everything in your power to be considerate of and aware of other people.
- Say “yes” to something that scares you.
- Write every day in a notebook.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Look at ANYTHING other than a screen before you go to sleep each night.
- Pay attention to factors that you need in order to do good work.
- Talk to strangers sometimes.
- Open your mail right away, sort it and throw out what you don’t need.
- Tell people you are proud of them.
- Make every decision, every little choice, based on your desire to be a person of integrity.
- Wake up everyday grateful for your gifts.
Here’s to a great New Year.