Level: Beginner to Advanced—Full Day—No sewing machine required
|Laughing Leaves is a fusing and design class. Using decorative rotary blades and fused hand dyed fabric students will create a one of a kind LEAF quilt. Frieda will show you fun ways to create strip units, leaves and stems, to achieve your woodland wonder. This is a design class and while a pattern is provided, be prepared to experiment and climb outside your box.
|Supply list for this class:
- Fabric Kit required $30 (two different 1/2 yards of Frieda’s hand dyed fabric,(each fabric has 12 different colors on it.) And a paper pattern.
- Iron & ironing surface/ plain muslin or fabric for smooth surface, OR group provides four ironing stations.
- Poster board found at office supply, craft, or fabric store.
- Really sharp small embroidery scissors for fabric
- mechanical pencil and extra fine sharpie marker (found at office supply store)
- rotary mat and ruler (medium size mat and a smaller mat to use on the backside with the decorative blades)
- box of parchment paper that you get at the grocery store, I preferr Reynolds brand or Costco brand. Two to four people can share one box.
- Bring your rotary cutter/fancy rotary blades if you have them (optional)
- 3 yards of Wonder Under fusible web – it says #805 on the end of the bolt (no substitutions please)
- Instructor will make available to purchase, decorative rotary blades, hand dyed cotton and silk fabrics
Back to workshops list.