Level: Beginner to Advanced—One day—Sewing machine required
40″ x 40″
Green Leaf bed quilt
|Frieda’s award winning quilts have been in many magazine articles and books. She will lead you thru a series of fun exercises where you will create one-of-a-kind free form machine quilting without marking or templates. Each exercise leads you step by step in developing your own style and expertise to free motion quilting with confidence.
|This is the supply list for any time you are taking my Free Motion Machine Quilting class.
- Sewing machine in good working order with feed dogs that drop and an embroidery or darning foot attachment. You machine manual. This does NOT apply if you are taking a class at a show that provides the machines.
- If you have them – Machine Quilting needles size 11-14
- 5-6 Fifteen inch square fabric sandwichs, three layers – light colored solid fabric, batting (preferably cotton or cotton blend), and light colored solid back. Already made up and basted with spray basting 505, or safety pinned around the edges
- scissors or snips
- Cotton machine quilting thread
- Decorative threads (optional)
- Pillow to sit on, or your own office chair with adjustable height
- Kit for class – Frieda’s book of designs (distributed in class), machine quilting needle and bobbin weight thread $20.
Back to workshops list.