Level: Beginner to Advanced—One day—No sewing machine required
|Brighten your walls with this gift of spring or winter color. Raw-edge fusing makes this class fun and easy, and you’ll learn new techniques to make it fast. A kit takes the worry out of fabric selection, and Frieda shows you machine-quilting tricks to complete this colorful wall hanging at home. Students pick from one of two patterns provided
|Supply list for this class:
- Pattern and Fabric Kit $30 – your choice of either bird pattern.
- Iron & large bath towel for ironing surface/ plain muslin or fabric for smooth surface
- Really sharp small embroidery scissors for fabric
- mechanical pencil and extra fine sharpie marker
- rotary mat and ruler (medium size mat and a smaller mat to use on the backside with the decorative blades)
- box of parchment paper
- Rotary cutter/fancy rotary blades optional
- 2-3 yards ofWonder Under fusible web – it says #805 on the end of the bolt (no substitutions please)
- Other hand-dyed fabric and threads will be available for purchase
Back to workshops list.