Level: Beginner to Advanced—One day—No sewing machine required
|Brighten your walls with this gift of spring or winter color. Raw-edge fusing makes this class fun and easy. You will learn new techniques to make it fast. A kit takes the worry out of fabric selection, and Frieda shows you machine-quilting tricks to complete this colorful wall hanging at home. Students pick from one of the two patterns provided
Kit fee $35
|Supply list for this class:
- Paper pattern with directions and Fabric Kit $35 – your choice of either bird pattern to make in class.
- Iron & large bath towel for ironing surface/ plain muslin or fabric for smooth surface – be sure to bring an extension cord
- Really sharp small embroidery scissors for fabric
- mechanical pencil and extra fine sharpie marker
- rotary mat and ruler (medium size mat and a smaller mat to use on the backside with the decorative blades)
- box of parchment paper
- Rotary cutter/fancy rotary blades optional
- 2-3 yards of Wonder Under fusible web – it says #805 on the end of the bolt (no substitutions please)
- Other hand-dyed fabric, decorative blades and other pattern and fabric kits will be available for purchase in class
Back to workshops list.