I just got home from visiting some of my grandkids. Happiness!
I made a new bed quilt for my son and daughter -in-law. While I was helping spread the quilt over their king size bed I noticed my DIL’s bedside reading, O magazine, talking about depression.
I struggle with depression every day. Don’t worry not deep down debilitating depression, just the winter blues. So I have been listening to the TED talks on Depression. I think this one is particularly interesting. Besides addressing the issue of depression it also outlines five simple steps to help eliminate depression
Here they are –
- Connect – connect with loved ones and friends. I know this helps me a lot.
- Be Active. I try to workout at home or outside, at least, three times a week.
- Take notice. Be aware of the world and the world you live in.
- Keep learning. Live long curiosity.
- GIVE. You fee better when you give.
I think this list is also important for creativity and how to increase your own creativity.
Here is the link to the TED talk. Enjoy.